What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a modern solution to straightening your teeth without wires. Clear, smooth and durable plastic is custom moulded into a set of nearly invisible aligners that snap into place over your teeth. Every two weeks, you exchange your aligners for a new set that slowly straighten your teeth to their correct positions.
When weighing the pros and cons of Invisalign, you will need to consult with your CR Smiles – Bucyrus Dental Care to discuss what is best for YOU. That being said, Invisalign offers several advantages over traditional braces.
- Invisalign is Invisible – It bares repeating, because the number one advantage to Invisalign is that your employer, friends, partner and family will not see a mouth full of metal when you smile in front of them.
- Invisalign is Comfortable – While Invisalign can cause mild discomfort at first, most patients find it much more comfortable to wear than traditional braces, which can cause abrasions and sometimes make eating more painful.
- You can Remove Invisalign – The fact that you can take off Invisalign for meals and dental care is another big reason patients choose it over traditional braces.
On the other hand, there are a few reasons why traditional braces might be the better option for you, and you should consult with your CR Smiles – Bucyrus Dental Care to make sure Invisalign is the best treatment option:
- Traditional Braces Are Affordable – While it does work, Invisalign is typically more expensive than traditional braces. Looking great while you straighten your teeth does cost more, but our CR Smiles – Bucyrus Dental Care Member Clinics often offer discounts on Invisalign, so talk to your local clinic now.
- Some Treatments Require Traditional Braces – Invisalign works well for many patients, but in severe cases traditional braces work best. Our dentists tend to prefer traditional braces for severe overcrowding, for instance.
- Lifestyle Choices – Depending on your personal habits, you might not want to adjust how much coffee, smoking or red wine you consume. If this is the case, Invisalign is less effective because the adhesive used to bond your aligners and your aligners themselves can become stained, removing a key benefit of Invisalign.